Samsung has decided to surprise Galaxy users with a new Android 11 update based on One UI 3.0. The company has already released a skin for a number of phones (including the Galaxy Note 20 (duo), the Galaxy Z Flip 5G, the Galaxy S20 FE) that will be released next month. Galaxy S10 Lite users now receive the Android 11 update on their smartphone. Here is everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Android 11 update.
Last October we reported that Samsung was testing the One UI 3.0 skin on the Galaxy S10 Lite. And today it lands on the Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F) with the G770FXXU3DTL1 version, which needs about 2GB to download. In the regions of India, the UAE, Panama, Russia and Spain are currently working on crop renewal. It will soon be available in other countries. The update contains a long list of new features, improvements and the latest security patches.
The update for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Android 11 includes a new notification bar and a long press menu for applications, a new layout of the volume buttons, an intuitive lock screen and Bixby routines, a multitude of settings on the AOD, and much more. It also contains the basic functionality of Android 11. It also contains a monthly safety symbol for December 2020. Here you can view the full change log.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite One UI 3.0 – Change Log
We’ve updated the look of One UI 3 in several ways, large and small, creating new, more consistent icons and organizing the Quickbar and notifications in a more thoughtful way. The movements are smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animation and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface can accommodate different screen sizes to provide the best possible experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, a foldable device or a tablet.
We’ve optimized One UI 3 with better dynamic memory allocation, so applications run faster and more efficiently. We also have limited background activities to achieve better performance and lower energy consumption.
The best structure
- New image categories have been added to the dynamic lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- You can add a widget to the padlock screen to check the usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when you install the wallpaper.
- It is easier to set Always on Screen and Lock Screen.
- Add a bubble background to see an image or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung’s Internet, you can rearrange and lock the tabs.
- Bixby Routines has even more controls to help you automate your life.
- New on-screen lock icons and widgets make it easy to find and manage them.
- Take advantage of digital well-being with clear personal and professional profiles.
Home screen and locked screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding the application icon on the home screen.
- Turn off the screen by tapping the blank space on the home screen or the lock screen twice. (Configure it under Settings > Advanced Features > Movements and Gestures).
- On the lock screen, tap the clock area to display widgets such as the calendar, weather, and music.
Calling and chatting
- The calls are displayed separately in the notification panel. Works with messages and your favorite chat programs.
- Easily delete duplicate contacts stored in the same account under Contacts. The storage period for removed contacts has been extended from 15 to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple related contacts from one screen.
- Added a trash can in the messages, so that recently deleted messages are kept for 30 days.
Photos and videos
- Faster shooting with enhanced autofocus and automatic exposure.
- It’s easier to view, edit and share photos and videos in the gallery.
- Faster search for photos and videos with new search functions and categories and a gallery.
- You can restore edited photos to their original version at any time, even after you save them, so that no images are lost.
- The institutions have been revised and simplified. Your Samsung account appears at the top, and the settings on the home screen are now more accessible.
- New search functions make it easier to find the parameters you need. You get better results on common synonyms and spelling mistakes, and you can click tags to display groups of relevant parameters.
- The shortcut keys have been reduced to the most frequently used functions. You can also add buttons to create your own customizable QuickPanel.
- Increase the number of input languages to 370.
- Simplified pasting of copied images and SMS verification codes.
- Add emoticons and stickers when entering text.
- Improved keyboard layout to provide more space when entering web and email addresses.
- Keyboard settings have been reorganised to facilitate access to frequently used parameters.
Maintain a healthy work-life balance by minimising repetitive and complex tasks and performing them effectively.
- Bixby Routines has even more controls to help you automate your life, including a setting that allows you to bring everything back to the way it was before you started the Routines.
- Depending on your daily life, new routines and controls are recommended.
- On the web, you can hide the status and navigation bars to dive deeper and translate web pages faster.
- You will be asked to block websites that send too many pop-ups or messages.
- You can view and select files from the cloud storage in the File Selection screen under My Files.
- You can now remove cached files under My Files to free up space easily.
- Events with the same start time appear together in the month and are mentioned in the calendar.
Easy media and device management
Media and device management is simplified with an improved media panel in notifications. You can view the latest media applications in use and quickly switch between playback devices. You can also start it quickly by selecting it from the Connections menu in the Preferences.
Identify and improve your digital habits
Digital Wellbeing’s advanced features make it easy to assess how you use your phone or tablet and help you develop good digital habits. Check operation while driving or see the weekly time changes on the display by function at a glance with the updated weekly reports. You can also use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and professional profiles.
Accessibility for all
A UI 3 recommends useful access functions based on usage. Improved accessibility links make it easier to launch and use accessibility features. The Talk Key Input function allows you to receive voice feedback even if the Talk function is disabled.
Improved privacy protection
You can now give the application one-time access to your microphone, camera or location. Any authorisation that the application has not been used for a certain period of time shall be automatically revoked. You can no longer allow applications to always see your location when not in use, you must go to the application location permission page in the settings.
- In clock mode, you can have the time and name of the preset alarm read out when the alarm sounds.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Android 11 Update
The update will arrive on the Galaxy S10 Lite. Hopefully Samsung will soon make this feature available to other members of the Galaxy S10 series. This is a quick update, and it may take some time before it reaches all devices. If you have not received an OTA notification on your device, try to check it manually.
To manually check for updates, simply go to the settings of your Galaxy S10 Lite. Then go to System > Software Update. You will see the available update that you can download and install on your phone.
You can also download the firmware for Galaxy S10 Lite phones manually as soon as it is available on the Samsung server by following the tips below.
If you are in a hurry, you can update your device manually using the Frija tool, the SamFirm tool or the SamMobile website. If you are using one of these tools, please enter your model and country code and download the firmware. After downloading, you can flash the firmware with the Odin tool. Then the file on your device flashes. If you want to do this, I suggest you go back before you start the process. Here’s how.
You can also – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
If you have a wish, please leave it in the comment field below. Share this article with your friends.
Other articles :